www.DemsMoveOn.org
Dear Hillary Supporters,

We have heard you loud and clear! You are not voting for Obama.

Some of you have said that you are;
voting a third party, or
writing Hillary's name in, or
staying home on election day.

But many of you said that you're voting for McCain/Palin to clear the path for Hillary to run again in 2012.
How BOLD.
Welcome to DEMSMOVEONG.ORG

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Keep The Change

-by Nicholas Stone

You guys, I can't do it. I can't bring myself to vote for Obama.

I watch him and I try to be open minded. I listen to him, and I try to make sense of his abstract rhetoric. I see him, and I try hard not to see an elitist pig. I hear him, and I try to hear what he's going to do for me.

And I think about whether or not he'd be a better leader for our country, until I remember him voting 130 times "Present" in the Illinois Senate. And I remember his silence against a bill that allowed live fetuses to be thrown in the trash, a practice that even NARAL doesn't condone. And I remember that the basic question of life is above his pay grade. And I remember that even this week, he refused to give his opinion in corporate bail-outs in the face of economic ruin. What other tough questions will he avoid? If he won't make hard decisions for fear of angering someone, is he really standing up for anyone?!

And time and time again, I remember

Click Here To Subscribe To The Blog

2 comments:

Jane Heffelfinger said...

Yes, Obama is standing up for someone - Obama stands up for Obama. He wasn't satisfied with working his way into a position, he has to bully his way there with Chicago politics.

I'm still waiting to see some ethics, integrity, respect, character.

While things surely have changed in America through her 200+ years, I hope somehow we find our way back to those traits that were embraced, strived for and held in the highest esteem..."where a man's word was as good as gold".

Anonymous said...

I can not and I will not vote for that man under any circumstances!